Winter is here! Oh, no sorry. It´s autumn. But, it feels as if winter was already here. I don´t recall being so cold in London in the past years. It actually started a bit earlier than expected, which I think it helped to create this feeling. To further help matters, the clock went backwards last Saturday. This means that we all are going to enjoy cosy, warm movie nights in for a few months in a row. Just looking on the bright side!
While I was doing a bit of planning ahead , I thought I´d compile here a few tips on how to cope with winter in London and how to do them. They go in no particular order. Have you got any good tips? What has/ hasn´t worked out for you?
- Woollies → Go to charity shops.
At this time of the year, charity shops are in serious need for warm clothes. Companies give them out everything that cannot be sold, so a typical Sunday stroll might help you get a lovely jumper from your favourite brand – and totally new!
- Warm cocoa → Get hot milk, cocoa powder, a blanket and sit in the sofa.
- Movie marathon → Call a couple of friends.
I´ve got a couple in mind. Someone suggested a `cryathon´ sometime ago. What about a Kill Bill or a 80´s marathon?
- Winter walks→ It can be so good discovering London in winter. Watch the short video below (no endorsement here).
- Get strong walking boots → Internet shopping.
My boots were a life saver in previous years, when snow was everywhere. Internet shopping can be so gratifying. It saves me from going to one sports shop to another. Careful with your card limit, though!
- Good book → Internet shopping again?
My reading list keeps growing. There are so many developments in digital marketing that I hardly have the time for other books. I am trying to finish Cloud Atlas. Have you read it?
- Winter festivals, such as Winter Wonderland → You´ll forget about how cold it is.Or Xfm´s Winter Wonderland → Be ready for this (no endorsement here)
- Street markets → Check this map
Thanks for reading, and happy winter!