London is an amazing city. So much to do, so many possibilities to learn new things, etc. Most of the aspects that I could mention to anyone are quite positive. Now, let’s take a walk on the dark side, as Lou Reed sings.
What are your top 10 most annoying stuff in London? I gather that some people might find quite interesting things that might not be so popular with others. It could depend on people’s priorities in life. Here is my top 10, in no particular order:
- People stopping right at the entrance/ exit when jumping in/ out of public transport.
Mind the people behind!
- Unnecessary rudeness.
I find this is especially bad when using public transport. In this respect, artist Michael Landy was commissioned to create his Random Acts of Kindness art project, which opened on the Central line last summer. It encouraged people to share their random acts of kindness. Cute, isn’t it?
- Shaking umbrellas inside the train/ tube station.
That is, showering unfortunate others around who might not be wet yet.
- Saying ‘sorry’ while doing whatever people are apologising for.
Pointless! `Manners´do not always count.
- Cyclists sometimes seem oblivious to buses running behind them in the rush hour.
We all want to get to work, and we cannot afford going too slowly in the mornings.
- Use of huge golf umbrellas on a crowded road.
OK. Everyone wants to remain as dry as possible when it is pouring out there. But, surely everyone wants to keep their eyes too?
- Finding loads of hair in the bathtube or shower at home.
- Long faces, moaning.
Yeah, OK. This is surely something I could work on too.
- Lack of public transport after midnight on weekends.
Come on, bars tend to close at 2am-3am!