I have written about things to do in London, events that might keep you out of boredom. Sometimes, we seek other type of events.
Articles and books on `things to do before you hit 30´ and similars tend to crop up every now and then in UK. It seems that media and publishers want or need to perpetuate this conversation with their audience, much in the same way two people keep going back to a certain single topic all the time when all other possible topics run momentarily out.
Or is it that we might like to have something to look forward to?
Anyway, I thought I´d give you a summary of the craziest (or not) things to do before, say, 30 or having kids that I can think of. I have completed some of them. Any others?
- Swim with dolphins or whales, because swimming with sharks might not be such a good idea.
- Learn to cook, properly, that is, not just maccaroni cheese.
- Go on a blind date. It can be fun!
- Know who your friends are. This one can definitely be downright hard and painful. I´ve had that experience. People come and go so quickly.
- Go to music festivals. Be it Glasto or Bestival, it can be fun-packed and there are so many in UK.
- Travel to the North Pole, the Argentinian Patagonia, etc. That is places that are a little off the beaten track. So cheap to go from London. I love London for that.
- Don´t give a damn about being cool. Let´s face it, that can be tiresome and it´s positively pointless, plus your best friends will see through it…
- Hone your entrepreneurial side. One in 10 undergraduates in UK run their own business. Why not you too?
- Sleep under the stars, especially with a loved one.
- Kiss in the rain. Ah, all those movies. It´d be fun to do some of the things that we are all used to see in movies or that people tell you about.
- Live abroad, even for just a year or a few months. I cannot recommend this one enough!
- Learn a foreign language. That is, to say a bit more than `A beer, please´ in another language.
- Run a marathon or do a fun walk with friends.
- See the aurora borealis.
- Watch a meteor shower. It can be so romantic too.
- Write a book. Even flat sharing can give anyone enough material to write a book or two.
- Make a desk or another piece of furniture from scratch.
- Say `thank you´, `sorry´and `I love you´ and mean it. Tough one.
- Take calculated risks. Everyone knows where their own limits are more or less. Investing some money can be as good as taking a short break before that can turn into career suicide.
- Set your goals. At least, what you don´t want to do.
Thanks for reading!